At Nando’s, we’re as passionate about our guests as we are about PERi-PERi, and want to put your minds at ease as we stand united against the spread of Coronavirus.
Our number one priority has always been the health and safety of our customers and staff, and that’s never been more important than now. We want to share some of the precautionary measures we are implementing across our restaurants, to stay safe and be responsible.
- At all Nando’s in North America, we are implementing strict and heightened hand-washing procedures. As a reminder, every Nando’s has a wash basin in the dining room, with soap and paper towels for all our guests.
- You will likely notice our staff cleaning all high-traffic touch points frequently. This includes menus, touch screens, credit card devices, door handles, and other surfaces, to ensure our restaurants exhibit the highest standard of cleanliness.
- We are removing silverware from the condiment station and will replace them with disposable ones, to avoid a potential contamination point.
- At the beginning and end of every shift, we are performing staff wellness assessments. No staff member who appears to be ill will be allowed to work, under any circumstances.
- Nando’s also has introduced a special paid leave policy for our hourly employees—we call them Nandocas—if they become ill or need to take time off to be tested. The last thing we’d want is for anyone to come to work sick, just because of a paycheck.
Please rest assured that we have assembled a capable and dedicated team that is continually monitoring developments. We are grateful to serve a community of such diverse and unique individuals every day. At Nando’s, we think of you all as family, and family take care of each other.
Your Nando’s team